We learn about your interests, travel
style and other needs.
We begin the process of designing your customized itinerary by gathering
information from you about your interests, travel style and other
needs. We collect this information by asking you to complete a brief
online questionnaire. The types of questions we'll ask you include:
- How much time do you have?
- What are you looking for from your tour?
- What destinations do you want to visit? It's okay if you're
- In what types of activities does your group like to participate?
- Are their any hobbies or interests that you'd like us to consider
when designing your trip?
- How much time can your group handle spending in the vehicle
at one time?
- What types of accommodations do you prefer?
- Is there an accommodation budget within which we need to work?
The questionnaire usually takes between 10 and 20 minutes to complete,
but can take a bit longer if the interests and needs of your group
are diverse (as is sometimes the case when several couples get together
for a joint trip).
We use your input to create a draft
Once we receive your tour-design questionnaire, we review it carefully
and contact you for any clarifications or elaborations we might
need to best design your itinerary. Once we're comfortable that
we know enough about you and your group, we put together a draft
itinerary, including our best recommendations on destinations, attractions
and activities. The draft itinerary is a day-by-day description
of the trip we believe will best bring your vision to life. It includes:
- a map of your route
- highlight destinations and notes about each
- recommended attractions and activities for each destination
along with alternatives, where applicable
- travel times and distances
Along with your itinerary, we will include notes indicating the
rationale behind decisions that we made in coming up with the proposed
plan, along with alternatives where applicable.
Depending on the time of year, it generally takes from three days
to a week for us to complete your draft itinerary.
You review the draft itinerary and
Your draft itinerary represents our best effort to marry our local
expertise with your tour vision, as expressed in your tour-design
questionnaire. It is by no means meant to be a final say on what
your ultimate tour will look like, and is completely open to change.
When we send you your itinerary, we ask you to review it with your
group, and provide your feedback. Among the questions we ask you
to consider are:
- What parts of the itinerary do you like?
- What parts would you like to change?
- Would you like to spend more time in certain places or less
time in others?
- Do the travel times and distances look good for you?
- Is the itinerary too busy, too slow or just right?
- Are the activities and attractions we've recommended the right
ones, or do some of the alternatives look better?
In addition to these questions, there may be other questions that
are specific to your tour that we'll ask in the notes that accompany
Once you've had a chance to review your itinerary and notes, you
can simply provide your feedback via email, or we can schedule a
time to discuss your feedback via telephone, Skype or instant messaging
We revise and refine until you're thrilled
with your tour.
Using your feedback as our guide, we revise the original itinerary
and resend it to you for additional feedback or approval. We do
this as many times as necessary to complete an itinerary that best
matches the dream vision you have for your trip; no itinerary is
final until it meets with your enthusiastic approval. The final
product will include a complete description of your daily schedule,
a set of specific activities and attractions for which we'll need
to make reservations, and a set of recommended optional activities
and attractions from which to choose during the course of your tour.